Have you ever attempted to create a custom Thomas the tank engine model?

One method I have attempted a couple of times when wanting to create a custom Hornby model for the Thomas the tank engine range is taking the body shell from an old Tomy Plarail/Trackmaster battery powered train and attaching it onto a spare Hornby chassis. It is quite a good conversion, because it is easy to do and you are able to create a character that is yet to be introduced to the range. The only thing you would need to bear in mind is that the Tomy Plarail/Trackmaster body shells are not the 1:76 scale and could catch on stations and such that are positioned close to the track. As well as the difference in size, they look too toy-like to pass as genuine Hornby items, but you could always paint them and give them some fine tuning to make them look more realistic. For example, if I were to do a loco conversion on a Tomy Plarail Oliver, I would consider making him a much taller funnel (The Tomy Plarail Oliver has a ridiculously short funnel, making him look nothing like how he did in the television series).  

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be surpsed if Bachmann Trains releases Rebecca and Nia, in their HO range, considering that Edward and Henry have been kicked out of the Steam Team, for Rebecca and Nia to join it. The announcements are being announced tomorrow, I think, so I would not be one of these two or both will be in it. If not. then I am sure 2020 will see them join that range.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF) 

Thankfully Nia and Rebecca are not joining the Bachmann range, yet! They are too new I think they will at some point. One the only two announcements happy about is Rosie in her red livery and the log flatbed. Unsure how about the other three wagons which are completely made up, which has nothing to do with The Railway Series or TV series.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Where you finding the product launch details I can’t find any thing

at all, Rebecca name plates on order and track master Rebecca ordered for the face.

just need a doner loco now

Thankfully Nia and Rebecca are not joining the Bachmann range, yet! They are too new I think they will at some point. One the only two announcements happy about is Rosie in her red livery and the log flatbed. Unsure how about the other three wagons which are completely made up, which has nothing to do with The Railway Series or TV series.

GNR-Gordon-

• 1 month later...

Archived