RAF Cold War Vehicles

Prometheus

I'm bored with the same - ol - same - ol aircraft and vehicles which are swamping the model market. where are the cold war vehicles ? why has nobody from airfix thought about vehicles used by the RAF during the cold wars such as a Bedford RL, MK, Rubery-owen winch fitted to a bedford truck used by the RAF Balloon sqn for static para jumps, Unimog used by the Harrier force, Coles crane 25 ton, Iron fairey 5/7 ton crane, mastiff articulated vehicle, Dennis tugs used by the v bomber force, Twin rig refuellers and one of the most spectacular the Seddon Atkinson 401 with sliding bogey trailer carrying two scorpion tanks etc.... ?

Well put Prometheus, I've been saying the same thing about cold war British Army vehicles in a couple of posts recently. So far to no avail, but we can always live in hope. Speaking of the Unimog, I saw a picture in a book I was reading of a 17 pounder A.T. gun being towed by a Unimog tractor, apparently it belonged to a unit of the British Berlin Brigade shortly after the war. What a good kit that would make; two iconic subjects in one.

• 1 year later...

Given that Airfix have given us a great selection of 1:48 cold War jets in recent years (Canberra, Javelin, Meteor and Hunter) a RAF vehicle/support set would be a great addition to the display, the same way the battle of Britain set added to the WWII scene. 

There was something and there is something.

BW Model had a Unimog (white metal kit) but it disappered some years before.

Now you can find some nice models by RTI, Road Transport Images, likes the Leyland Hippo Refueller and much more.

Check out here:

https://www.roadtransportimages.com/

Some models, they are very expensive and most markings are fictional you can find under the label MilMod,

More information are here:

https://henk.fox3000.com/milmod.htm

I prefer the RTI kits.