should performance cars go back to using smaller 17"-18" wheels?

Ratch

Well, I agree, and a lot of people I know who style themselves as "car enthusiasts" want stupidly big wheels, even after being told that they increase acceleration and braking times (and distances), and give poorer ride and handling, increase liability to aquaplaning (US Hydroplaning)...

I am soon going to have to replace the tires on a 2012 corvette grand sport and the treadwear 200 tires for hpde use are extremely limited. Many of the track guys opt to replace theirs with 18" wheels to open up their options. When I had an s2000, there were multiple options to choose from in 17".

I am noticing many of the sports cars these days are using 19"-20" wheels.

Aside from looks, these wheels are heavier, the ride will be more rough with less sidewall, and the tires are going to be more expensive.

Does the majority of the public want 19"-20" wheels? Just for the looks?

• 1 month later...

I am soon going to have to replace the tires on a 2012 corvette grand sport and the treadwear 200 tires for hpde use are extremely limited. Many of the track guys opt to replace theirs with 18" wheels to open up their options. When I had an s2000, there were multiple options to choose from in 17".

I am noticing many of the  sports cars these rachat crédit trésorerie days are using 19"-20" wheels.

Aside from looks, these wheels are heavier, the ride will be more rough with less sidewall, and the tires are going to be more expensive.

This is a good article because there are many tips and also many advices that will be very useful for me.

Thanks!