Ep. 15 - Justice League (New Micro Sets and Start Cars!)

Andy P.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I would actually like to ask about the latest whaky races set. Will the Whaky racing cars be made in 1/32 scale. i already have a perminant track so dont realy want to buy another set, but I know my grand children would get a great kick of racing the whaky racing cars. Im sure there must be others in the same position as me. Really like Test Track. 

KInd Regards 

Martyn

Hi Martyn - welcome to the forum!

The Micro Scalextric Wacky Races set is my favourite slot car release of the year - in any scale. It is one of the first Warner Brothers/Scalextric releases after the tie-up between Hornby and Warner Brothers was announced last year. At the moment, all the Warner Brothers slot car releases are Micro Scalextric or My First Scalextric (all 1/64 scale), but I agree that 1/32 Wacky Races cars might be rather cool and popular. I shall be keeping an eye on the 2020 and 2021 catalogues...

In the meantime, the Micro Scalextric set is fabulous. It uses the new Scalextric 1/64 scale track system and 9 volt cars, which are a big improvement over the previous track and cars. Even if you have a nice 1/32 set-up, it might make a fun extra layout to run alongside. That’s something a few 1/32 racers did with the Micro Scalextric Race Karts, building a small kart track in the infield of their 1/32 layouts. I am sure the grandchildren will love it. If you need some more info about the new 1/64 track system, have a look here: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/new-micro-scalextric-track-system/

Have fun!