pace car ?

Red Rebel

Yes, that’s pretty much how it works if you want to race the pace car. However, if you want to practice overtaking and racing in the pack, you can connect several cars to the pace car ID. Follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide, but put all your pace cars on track at the same time. Of course, the App will count a lap each time one of the pace cars goes over the sensor, so it is not a fair race - but good for practice.

The ‘Magic ARC App’ has a pace car option with more features. You can find it on Google Play and the Apple Appstore.

The Pace Car mode does seem very popular with a lot of people, although it’s not something I use. Hopefully Scalextric will pick up on these requests and have an improved Pace Car feature near the top of their list for future developments of the app.

The Magic app came about shortly after Hornby released the communication protocols to allow third parties to develop their own apps for the ARC powerbases. So far there’s only been the Magic app - but there is the potential for any developer to create a fully-featured Pace Car app for ARC Pro with everything you suggested and more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,

thanks for this post, just trying to get a grip of the Arc Pro app via iPad. Seems I'm only able to race 1 driver with the pace car. Has anyone managed to get the pace car to run and have two other cars racing around it..? Best regards

Hi Paceman - welcome to the forum!

That is correct, the ARC app Pace Car mode only allows one driver-operated car. Although only one pace car will ever appear in the app race screen, it is possible to run more pace cars - simply place the cars on the track when you calibrate the pace car speed. Each pace car will trigger a lap, so you will get beaten (!) - but it is good practice for racing in traffic.

I think you can set up multiple driver-controlled cars and multiple pace cars in the Magic app for ARC. I must have a good look at that one day.

I hope that helps.

• 3 years later...

I am not sure I understand the question.

It has always been the case with ARC PRO that you can have 1 pace car and 5 human controlled cars. With ARC AIR you can have 1 human driven car and 1 pace car...

The Magic APP allows you to have up to 6 pace cars in ARC PRO or 2 in ARC AIR.

The standard APP only ever allows 1 pace car.

With ARC AIR that means 1 Pace car, 1 human.

With ARC PRO that means 1 Pace car and up to 5 humans.

The Magic app can let you have as many pace cars as the system allows.

ARC AIR can have 1 pace 1 human OR 2 pace no humans.

ARC Pro can have up to 6 pace cars or 1 pace car and 5 humans, or 2 pace cars and 4 humans , 3 pace and 3 humans etc...

There isn't a video but there are guides here:

https://slotracer.online/community/showthread.php?tid=181&page=4

I think he did a guide on Magic as well...