Select problem after update.

Howbi

Had my Select controller updated to V1.6 recently..........just had opportunity to test all the additional features especially better control of TTS decoders etc. All works well except one irritation.......the #5 button is unresponsive, all other numbers work correctly. I have reset the Select twice as per instructions but to no avail. Advice would be welcome for a solution  but I may have to post it back to Hornby for repair..........HB

We know from Rob's working as a tester for Hornby, that the Select upgrade requires the case to be opened to access the PCB inside. So the likelihood is that the keypad part of the Select has more than likely not been put back in place 100% correctly. I feel that your best option is to contact HCC and tell them that it has been returned after the upgrade with a faulty button. I would then expect them to correct that issue at no cost to you, not even postage.

You just have to drop the lower case for update access but if the motherboard unclips by accident then it is possible the button ’clickers’ may have dislodged.

I agree with Chris - contact HCC and ask for a non cost repair. Usually they ask you to post it back and refund the costs.

I had one Select where half the buttons died on me but I suspect a duff PIC chip to be the cause of that.