Colour match for SNCF locos

Rana Temporia

Precision Paints used to do a complete range of SNCF colours for steam, diesel & electric locos. Last time I looked at their website they still had some colours left in stock, suggest sending them an email via their website to verify what they still have. These were done in conjunction with the SNCF Society providing colour matches from France and are spirit based enamel paints. Personally as many original  paints differ in shade I find for touching in it is easier to mix from the standard Humbrol colour chart using acrylic water based colours.

Thanks Bill, the model shop I would normally go to has closed down due to retirement and my only local shop now just does one range of paints In aircraft colours only. All their other paints are pre-mixed in tubes for airbrushing. The other shop had a huge range of acrylic paint that was easy to blend and I could match most models pretty closely. I will be near another shop tomorrow so will try their range, other than that I will try precision Paints. I suppose I could also try Hobbycraft, i think they still do Humbrol.

I could always get the nearest to from Halfords and do complete resprays but it’s not needed, i just need to do a bit of touching up. Also, not sure i could get the glazing out in one piece on a couple of them........

@Rana

There is a French model paint company called Decapod. I have not used any of their products, but a couple are available from A and H Models in the UK, but these seem to be paints produced for REE by Decapod.

Their main railway colour listing is here:

French Railway Colours - Decapod.

You could probably order directly or email and ask if they have a UK retailers