Membership Problems - Cannot Join Club

JoeLoco06

To the best of my efforts I cannot join the Hornby Membership Club.

1. I go to this link: https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/memberships

2. I select type "JOIN" and add the membership to my cart

3. From the checkout page I select "Standard Delivery" (The two options are standard and free).

4. I get the following message :(

We are sorry, we cannot process your order as we cannot deliver 2019 Hornby Collector Club UK Postal – with Free Loco to Ireland. Please remove it from your basket to continue.

What am I doing wrong? As a major train enthusiast this was very disappointing. I am living in Ireland but see others from countries such as Australia have no problem joining.  I have also tried selecting free shipping and that doesnt work either. I am stuck on the order details page :(

Please help as it makes no sense to me how someone in Ireland using standard delivery would not be able to recieve shipping from the UK.

Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to ring Hornby Customer Care (HCC) and clarify with them regarding the 'error message'. It may be a software glitch that they are unaware of.

I actually thought it was UK only.  That would include Northern Ireland. 

If you are in Eire, do you know anyone over the Border whose address you could use.

Unfortunately I do not RDS and I dont live near the border. If Northern Ireland and Australia can receive the membership I would be surprised if the border is really the issue. It might be a technical bug because it would cost as much to ship to Eire as NI, if not I chose "standard shipping" fees over "free shipping". I know free shipping is UK only.

@Chris: Thanks I have already logged a ticket to see what the problem is.