ARC PRO IPAD not calibrate cars (No "Next Step" button)

Jowatt

Hi there -

Since the last iPad ARC Pro software, I can no longer calibrate a car, any car. When I enter the calibrate function, the "NEXT STEP" at the bottom of the display does not show up.

I can say that the iPhone version with the same software version works perfectly well.

The software in use on both devices is:

IOS 13.2.3

On the iPhone, the Scalextric Application settings read:

1. App version v2.4 B19
  2. Model Scalextric ARC PRO
  3. Firmware 2.6
  4. Hardware 1.0.1
  5. PIC 7.3
  6. Base 0.13
  7. Controllers

On the iPad the Application settings read:

1. App version v2.4 B19
  2. Model Scalextric ARC PRO
  3. Firmware 2.6
  4. Hardware 1.0.1
  5. PIC 7.3
  6. Base 0.13
  7. Controllers 1=0.13

I think this is a truly great product that I enjoyed for several months, until the latest iPad software update, that is. Thanks in advance for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it.

Hi Jowatt - welcome to the forum!

I am getting the same. On the old v2.3 B15 version of the ARC app, calibration was fine. On the new (1 day ago) v2.4 B19 version, the calibration page is a pop-up window rather than a new page and there is no 'Next Step' button. The only option is a 'Cancel' button - or to dismiss the pop up.

I will flag this up with the Scalextric team and hopefully it will be rectified very soon. Thanks for raising the issue!

That bug has been logged - there will be a v2.4 B20 released very soon. The v2.4 has all the 2019 cars and sets, plus there will be another update in January after the 2020 catalogue is announced.

@Jalpa_Mike - welcome to the forum! Are you also using the iOS app? Or Android?

Anyone else getting that issue, please do post on this thread as well as (or instead of) contacting customer services.

If you need to race over the weekend, the App Race Control (Legacy) is the older version of the app. It won't be updated and doesn't have all the features of the latest app, but is a good fallback for ARC One, ARC Air and ARC Pro.

That bug has been logged - there will be a v2.4 B20 released very soon. The v2.4 has all the 2019 cars and sets, plus there will be another update in January after the 2020 catalogue is announced.

@Jalpa_Mike - welcome to the forum! Are you also using the iOS app? Or Android?

Anyone else getting that issue, please do post on this thread as well as (or instead of) contacting customer services.

If you need to race over the weekend, the App Race Control (Legacy) is the older version of the app. It won't be updated and doesn't have all the features of the latest app, but is a good fallback for ARC One, ARC Air and ARC Pro.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the welcome.  Been a long time lurker and finally posted.  Yes, I am using an iPad Pro 12.9" (OS ver. 13.2.3).

Also, I notice there are missing track and borders when I try to make a complete list of my inventory.  For example, these track sections are missing from the list:

C8236 - 78mm Straight

C8202 - R1 45° Curve

C8235 - R4 22.5° Curve

Mike

Hi Russcles - welcome to the forum!

As explained before, there is a known issue with v2.4 B19 of the iOS app - this has been addressed and an update has been promised very soon. In the meantime, I suggest using the Arc Race Control (Legacy) app from the App Store - or use an Android device with the Android version of the app.

@Jalpa_Mike - I was also hoping the 2.4.1 (B22) update would solve the missing 'Next Step' calibration button issue... However, it was still missing for me after the update - although everything seemed lined-up okay on my iPad, not skewed like on yours.

I deleted the app and installed a fresh version from the AppStore (twice) and the problem is still there. I have sent a message through (with screen shots) to the Scalextric team.

Looks like I will be using the App Race Control (Legacy) app for Christmas racing - not the end of the world, but disappointing.

@Jalpa_Mike - I was also hoping the 2.4.1 (B22) update would solve the missing 'Next Step' calibration button issue... However, it was still missing for me after the update - although everything seemed lined-up okay on my iPad, not skewed like on yours.

I deleted the app and installed a fresh version from the AppStore (twice) and the problem is still there. I have sent a message through (with screen shots) to the Scalextric team.

Looks like I will be using the App Race Control (Legacy) app for Christmas racing - not the end of the world, but disappointing.

Yep, unintalled and re-installed like you and problem still persisted.  

I'll continue to stand by......  using Magic Arc and Legacy App in the meantime.

Mike

Disappointing for sure and having no choice but to hope for a fix soon....are these developers testing the functions on all platforms (ie Apple, Android etc) before releasing the updates?

As Mike suggested, the choice at the moment is the Magic ARC app or the original App Race Control (Legacy) app.

I imagine testing is pretty rigorous, but quite a big bug seems to have slipped through this time - unless it's us that are all doing something wrong... unlikely in this case, but always possible.

Hi Reded - welcome to the forum!

If you are an Android or Fire tab user - the app works fine. If you are an iOS user, there is a bug in the Scalextric ARC app that the team released a fix for in Christmas week, but it hasn't worked foe everyone. Another update is scheduled.

For iOS users who lose that Next Step button in the Calibration process, there are two options:

1) use the original App Race Control (Legacy) app from the App Store. This is an older, but perfectly stable version of the app. The ARC Pro app Guide is also applicable to the Legacy app: https://slotracer.online/arc-pro-guide/index.html

2) use the Magic app for ARC, developed by Cristiano Ruisi and preferred by many enthuisiasts: https://www.magicstudio.eu/index.php/games/arcapp

Merry Christmas!

Hi Lotus 98T - welcome to the forum!

Yes, it is frustrating. There are two options that I've noted above. It was a wise move for Scalextric to make the Legacy app available to cover unforeseen situations like this. They also released the communication protocols so Cristiano and other can develop their own apps. The full functionality of both is still 100% available. The bug affects only some Apple device users (like myself) - I have used the Legacy app and taken the opportunity to have a look at the Magic program too.

Merry Christmas!

• 4 weeks later...