Hornby Int'l/Electrotren new items 2020

ellocoloco

Not long to go now and its great to see that Hornby International has brought back the countdown clock to 'La noche de Reyes'. - Club Electrotren countdown  In Spain, the night of the Kings, Jan 5th, is when traditionally children would receive presents, not on Dec 25th. More recently Christmas Day is now used for present giving with one saved for Jan 5th. As my (Spanish) wife points out, as a child its better to get presents on the 25th Dec, because if you get your gifts on Jan 5th/6th - you're back at school on the 7th and have less time to play with them!

The countdown clock has been missing for a couple of years but I am glad to see it back and look forward to the International Range being revealed at midnight on Jan 5th - 23.00hrs GMT.

By the accounts I have read, the International brands have made a worthwhile contribution during 2019 and hopefully more will be invested in them in the coming years. I have my fingers crossed for a Renfe 310 from Electrotren and a new contractors livery on either the 316, 318 or 321. A new, accurate, Era V/VI hopper would also be appreciated - and maybe a reissue of the Talgo rake in GL colours............

Other International brands are available............. 

All the Electrotren items - I've not bothered looking at the other brands - that are available on pre-order, are what was announced with the release of the 2019 Autumn/Winter catalogue a few months ago.

I am expecting further announcements on the 5th for either Spring/Summer 2020, or the whole year.

I take your point but having said that many promised International new releases do not appear for many months after announcement and some items NEVER appear at all.  Hornby could do well to curtail their promised new releases until all fulfilment has been made from the previous year. I appreciate sub-contracted production in China does not lend itself well to this arrangement but other companies with production there seem to be able to cope better and phase product announcement and release dates so that all newly announced items appear within the forthcoming year.

Sorry for the delay in announcing the Hornby International range, the website had so many visitors yesterday looking at the UK brand announcements we decided to hold off the next ranges until this morning.

Today we will put up:

All Hornby Internatinal, including the return of MKD.

Bassett-Lowke 

Hornby 100 Celebration range  (detailed product pages)

Will be really glad to see the return of MKD - although seemingly not included in the web new release announcement. As these items are of mainly French outline should I assume they will be included within the Jouef section in the 2020 catalogue ???? 

• 2 weeks later...

Will be really glad to see the return of MKD - although seemingly not included in the web new release announcement. As these items are of mainly French outline should I assume they will be included within the Jouef section in the 2020 catalogue ???? 

Hi Bill, I've answered that point under the similar post you made elsewhere.

They'll be published once they are fully ready, but do appear in the price list to solicit early pre-orders from dealers and publicise their return.