Scaletrix SET 60. Aston Martin DB4 & Ferrari 250 Berlinetta

Teddy60

Hi Teddy60 - welcome to the forum!

It's not something easy to do online, especially without photos. I believe that the Set 60 was produced for just one year (1964) and was produced in the UK and in France. Depending on the condition of the box and the contents, it will only be worth what someone is prepared to pay... A look at Ebay (current and past listings via Google) can be a place to start, but the prices there must be taken with a large pinch of salt - an item is only worth anything when it is sold. French Set 60s do appear on eBay for high prices (£500 - £2,000), but there is no evidence that they sold at these prices. I haven't seen any UK Set 60s listed, although there are some DB4s and Ferraris for a few pounds to £75-100 depending on condition, colours etc. That might suggest the cars are worth more than the set.

Most certainly a better way to find the value of your set is to contact a Scalextric dealer such as Phil Smith or Scale Models who would do a proper valuation. There is also the National Scalextric Collectors Club (NSCC) who could offer advice.

Good luck!

Hi Teddy60 - welcome to the forum!

It's not something easy to do online, especially without photos. I believe that the Set 60 was produced for just one year (1964) and was produced in the UK and in France. Depending on the condition of the box and the contents, it will only be worth what someone is prepared to pay... A look at Ebay (current and past listings via Google) can be a place to start, but the prices there must be taken with a large pinch of salt - an item is only worth anything when it is sold. French Set 60s do appear on eBay for high prices (£500 - £2,000), but there is no evidence that they sold at these prices. I haven't seen any UK Set 60s listed, although there are some DB4s and Ferraris for a few pounds to £75-100 depending on condition, colours etc. That might suggest the cars are worth more than the set.

Most certainly a better way to find the value of your set is to contact a Scalextric dealer such as Phil Smith or Scale Models who would do a proper valuation. There is also the National Scalextric Collectors Club (NSCC) who could offer advice.

Good luck!

It often makes people angry but the truth of the matter is "whatever someone is willing to spend"...

I have picked up "rare, limited mint in box" items for 2-3 € simply because I happened to bid on something when no one else did.

I have also seen things that are very much only worth 5-10 € go for 20-30€....

So while woodcote's guidance is very correct it will always come down to getting a buyer that will pay..