Hornby's 4 pin decoder

Howbi

Hornby has re-catalogued it's 4 pin decoder........it is now R7274 with a rrp of £15.99.

This decoder is essentially an R8249 but with just 4 wires attached for motor control only.

Similarly, the 6-pin version R7150,  is additionally wired to the yellow and white wires for basic lighting.

HB

Agreed, FB.......that's a particularly bad example.......I've had one where I had to re-solder a couple of wires.

Worth noting is the fact that the other 4 unwired solder pads can have wiring attached for lighting etc for those suitably adept at fine soldering..........HB

Thanks HB, me and all of mine have been clear so far.  My son had to come home early from his in-laws holiday home near Jervis bay on the coast south of Sydney. Two days after he left, they asked all holiday makers to leave a very large area of the coast due to risks and the defence forces are now deployed delivering supplies and evacuating people by boat and helicopter. 

This whole thing isn't going to get better for us until we do some fundamental, science-based, long term planning of how to handle land and water management, and the economy including a full shift to renewables.  The chances of getting our news-cycle, beholding to old technology politicians to even recognise this, let alone do something about it, are remote.  I despair. 

A lot of countries are suffering from modern land management Fishy. The indigenous populations used to look after the land properly because they had to live of it directly and locally.

Nowadays the plan seems to be to strip the land of any assett and move on, which is accumulating in effect world wide to give great problems.

Take care and be safe.

Thanks Rob.  And agree entirely re indigenous land management, particularly here where our ecosystems are closer to the edge in good times and go over it more quickly when it turns bad.  Example - no large predators in Oz because the prey populations are unstable and won't support predators long term.