Help needed with Pit Lane Game

steven_mitchell

Hi

I've tried searching exiasting posts for an answer to my problem but to no avail. In brief I have recently bought second hand a pit lane gane to addd to my digital layout (C7042 base). However when the power is applied to the track the pit land board lights all car positions up with 2 lights each and will not allow me to reset? I've tried plugging and unplugging but the same thing happens and not as per the instructions for the game i.e. green power light on, red and green lights flash and then you should be able to program the amount of pit stops. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Steve

Hi Steve - welcome to the forum!

It's a long time since I used the standard Pit Lane Game and I don't have one in the original configuration to try and replicate what you are seeing. I can't remember any issues like this. However...

The first thing I would check is that the connections between the single-lane track pieces are tight and you are getting the required power to the Pit Lane Game section - it is powered from the track. Check the metal tabs underneath the track (see video here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/support/track-maintenance).

The second thing is to check and clean the pins and sockets that connect the Pit Lane Game tower to the base. These can get dirty, tarnished and bent. If everthing looks good, but a little dirty, some lighter fuel on a cotton bud should do the trick.

Otherwise, everything else with the digital layout is working fine? And this is definitely a standard Pit Lane Game - it hasn't been modified as a pit sensor?

I hope that helps.

Hi Steve - welcome to the forum!

It's a long time since I used the standard Pit Lane Game and I don't have one in the original configuration to try and replicate what you are seeing. I can't remember any issues like this. However...

The first thing I would check is that the connections between the single-lane track pieces are tight and you are getting the required power to the Pit Lane Game section - it is powered from the track. Check the metal tabs underneath the track (see video here: www.scalextric.com/uk-en/support/track-maintenance).

The second thing is to check and clean the pins and sockets that connect the Pit Lane Game tower to the base. These can get dirty, tarnished and bent. If everthing looks good, but a little dirty, some lighter fuel on a cotton bud should do the trick.

Otherwise, everything else with the digital layout is working fine? And this is definitely a standard Pit Lane Game - it hasn't been modified as a pit sensor?

I hope that helps.

Hi Andy

Thanks for this, I will work my way through your tips, see if there is any improvement and report back. Appreciated.

P.S standard pit lane game and everything else working OK

Hi Andy

I've checked everything as you kindly advised as well as shortening pit lane and I can now reset the pit lane game so thanks for that. Only issue now is that there is no consistency in the cars being registered when they pass through the pit lane. So a bit more head scratching unless anyone had any ideas?

Andy P - I am pretty sure the only sensor in the Pit Lane Game is to check the ID of the car - there's no guide sensor.

Steve - The LED needs to be directly above the sensor, so don't place the Pit Lane Game directly after pit entry - if the car comes in a bit quick and sideways, the LED and sensor won't match up. It's better to have the Pit Lane Game at least a couple of half straights after the entry piece. And enter slowly...

If that doesn't improve things, I would check the LED on the underside of the car is nice and clean (if it is dirty or damaged, you'd probably get lane changing and lap counting issues too). I'd also give the sensors a good blow, in case they are a bit dusty. If they look really dirty, use a cotton bud with some lighter fluid on it to gently clean each sensor. However, my hunch is that it is an entry speed / getting sideways issue.

I hope that helps.