How long does membership take?

I joined on 21/02/2020. I have recieved my first magazine, but am still waiting for the loco, badge and membership card. I emailed a few weeks ago and was told that they would be on their way. Glad to see I am not the only one waiting since the beginning of the year!

As with a good proportion of office workers around the wortld, most Hornby staff are now having to work from home and probably do not have access to membership paraphanalia to send out at the moment whereas the magazine was probably despatched direct from the printers, its contents having been organised some time ago.  If you joined towards the end of February, how come you have been waiting since the beginning of the year?

RAF has kindly reproduced the notification from Hornby which clearly states the CC Magazine will be published as normal this Spring so obviously you will receive that any day now.

It also clearly states that delays will be in place until normal working practices are back in place so do not expect a knock on your door or a delivery through it until at least the lockdown is over. This means no loco, badge or whatever else arriving soon.

Have patience... the reward in itself will be the thought that your patience will have been worthwhile when everything for Hornby gets back to normal and production can resume. I am sure Hornby staff are doing all they can to be ready when they get back to work.

As with a good proportion of office workers around the wortld, most Hornby staff are now having to work from home and probably do not have access to membership paraphanalia to send out at the moment whereas the magazine was probably despatched direct from the printers, its contents having been organised some time ago.  If you joined towards the end of February, how come you have been waiting since the beginning of the year?

I am not denying any of that, and of course the situation is difficult for everyone, the email I recieved from hornby (18/3/20) suggested that all the locos were in the warehouse and were being disptached and they would finish shipping them out by the end of March. 

It also mentioned they were waiting on pin badges for the welcome pack and that they were beginning to dispatch them. 

I didn't post in here to start a fight, just to reflect my experience as a new member was the same as others and it was reassuring to know I wasn't the only one. 

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst you wait for a reply, perhaps you would spend a few minutes reviewing the TIPs in the TIP page link below:

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

i joined in 11/02/2020 and still waiting for my welcome pack and loco no email to say why will not be renewing

next year if this is the kind of service you get

Under the current situation it will arrive when it arrives. If your that concerned give Customer Services a call. BB

PS: Welcome Simon