ARC Pro lane 1 doesn't always count laps

I have a problem with the ARC pro base it doesn't always detect cars passing lane 1 and doesnt register the laps. I have checked the cars are assigned to the right colour in the app and synced on the base and tried it with just two cars using the red and green colours. The cars will pick up the lap every time if they go down lane two but switch them to lane 1 and it doesnt count the laps. Sometimes it will work fine and laps are counted in lane 1 fine. Its also not like it misses laps it just doesnt count any laps or counts them all. I have removed and reinstalled the app a few times and used different cars but it hasnt helped. If I switch the base to anolouge mode it detects the laps fine. Is this likley to be a problem with the base or the app? I have two android devices and it happens with both of them.

I have downloaded the legacy ARC app and the lap counting in lane one works evertime with no issue, it also works without issue in the unoffical magic arc app. I am guessing this is probabally an issue with my devices rather than the base, unless the older arc ap and the magic app dont use all of the sensors in the ARC pro to register a lap?