Scalextric RMS

I've had this track for years, used it once and put it away for years. I then seen the RMS software and purchased it. It also sat in storage for years. The RMS software is now on my old laptop with microsoft vista OS. I then discovered I needed a 9 pin to USB connector. I had no luck with a driver update for this connector, so I installed the RMS software to my newer laptop with win 10. Laptop's drivers seem to be okay with the connector and the older RMS software is operating with Win 10. However the software is looking for a comm port. Software is not collecting any data from race set.

1. Is there a fix this old guy with very little computer knowledge can understand?

2. Is there a better or newer RMS for my set?

Thank you 

ON slotracer.online there is a racer called RikoRocket who has made the correct cables for others I think.

Also you will likely have to use a virtual machine or at the very least enable all the legacy options to get this to work.

I think it was out around 2004.

You could also just get one of the new ARC systems that works with tablets or Windows 10 if you use the "Magic" app (search the App store).

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Old Guy

I have recently resurrected my Scalextric RMS, I can get it to work well with this USB to serial adaptor.

USB to Serial Adapter FTDI - Pro Gold Plated 90cm RS232 Cable WINDOWS 7 - 10 UK | eBay

I had no luck using the type with a Prolific chip set, but this one with FTDI chipset works a treat and you can force the driver to be COM1 or COM2 as RMS cannot search for any higher com port numbers.

I had it work well with a WIN 10 laptop or an old XP laptop, since there will be no updates for RMS as it is around 16 years old, I will just stick using the redundant XP laptop, they are well matched to one another !!

Barrie