I've received & now got all of my 'missing Club parts!!!' :)

JJ73

Hiya  😀

Just to say Thank you to Hornby (If they ever read this) I have now got all of my Hornby Collectors Club 'bits 'n' pieces'  - see photo below...

/media/tinymce_upload/9ef07d0866367be896f6fe4c611a3c80.JPG

Which includes the 4 Quarterly H. C. C. Mag,   Welcome Letter, Membership Card, Pin Badge, Club (Complimentary) Loco & chance to buy the Exclusive Hornby C. C. Model (The Blue Bell H-Class) & a few others bits - see the link... https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/memberships

I've had a dispatch email saying the club loco is on its way, along with a tracking number which says it is currently somewhere in the USA awaiting customs clearance.  I still haven't seen a club magazine, meaning the only thing received thus far is the welcome letter, badge and club membership card.

HK.

Well, my loco finally turned up yesterday, via USA and Australia, thank you to Hornby.  That DPD Local service was excellent in terms of tracking the parcel's exact movements across the globe.  I wouldn't normally expect such a detailed history, or really any accurate location tracking once an item leaves the UK until it appears at my door. 

The packaging has improved since I was last in the Collectors Club as well, sent in a sturdy box inside another sturdy box with plenty of padding all round.  Did have no less than 8 sheets of A4 paper included, all detailing essentially the same information on each one (contents of package and my address).  Could save a few trees if they sorted that overkill out.  However, pleased to see it arrive nonetheless.

Just awaiting the magazines now.

HK.

That's good to hear HK - that is also who normally delivers my stuff from Hornby - DPD - have you got all the other bits 'n' pieces aswell???

No Jimyjames, still waiting on all the magazines.  Joined in January so thought I might have seen a couple of issues by now, notwithstanding all the delays due to Coronavirus.

HK.

• 1 month later...

Decided to prod Hornby at the beginning of the month about my club magazines - joined mid January and to date have not received any of them.  Got the usual automated response immediately saying they had received my email and would respond ASAP.  However the actual reponse, if you can call it that, a couple of days later was rather insulting.

Another, admittedly more detailed, form letter outlining where they are at with production of welcome packs and club models, some irrelevant (to me) info about outstanding items for Airfix club members, but absolutely no mention of the club magazines I wanted to know the wherabouts of!  With a little link included at the bottom which is supposed to allow the receiver to click and advise Hornby whether the enclosed information satisfied the original query.  I attempted to click on the "NO" button, only to be told the link was invalid.

I appreciate the times we are living in these days, but honestly ... sending out generic form letters that only serve to indicate clearly to the recipient that their initial correspondence to "customer service" has not actually been read does little more than make an existing situation for a customer worse.  I'm sure the form letter makes the company feel like they are "responding" and satisfies some kind of metric to suggest issues are being addressed with their customers in a timely manner but, again, honestly ......

HK.

• 4 weeks later...

The lastest Issue I have got is :- Issue 124, Summer 2020

/media/tinymce_upload/1b0231ed65853f6028137c673d995bd9.jpg

Here are the dates for when each issue will arrive :-

Spring :- April

Summer :- July

Autumn :- October

Winter :- January