Happy now?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered the membership, spray paint and Dominie together and was given a delivery date of today for it to arrive; package came via DPD but only after I had to ring them as delivery driver issues....

Anyway on  opening the big box I was expecting to see the Club model etc and Dominie but sadly not, only the Dominie and spray paint, no sign or mention of the Club kit/membership stuff and according to my order it has now been fulfilled.

What's up Hornby?

Have been in contact with Hornby customer services.  All sorted and delivered, thank you very much. :-)

Copied from T2B:

"Yes you can get into the Club page, using the Airfix Club icon about half way down the homepage, not the Join Airfix Club at the top of the page.

But there are currently no activities within the Club area, it may take a while to get going properly!"

Couldn't put it better myself.

My biggest problem with buying from Airfix is the low stock they seem to carry.

I've had conversations with traders and my understanding is that retail outlets get first dibs on stock that arrives at the Airfix warehouse, therefore if there is high demand for any particular product it won't show up on the webstore. If you're searching for any Airfix products, Jadlam are likely to come up trumps.

That makes sense and is true in the wider world too. The very best single malt whiskeys go to people like Bells, Grouse etc who are big buyers. What goes in the bottle labelled "finest 15 year old single malt" and sells for £40 a bottle is the stuff they can't sell to the blenders who make £12 bottles..... (you can tell A) I like my malts & B) I worked in a high end off licence for 6 months). I wonder if Jadlam et al negotiate a lower price by buying bulk too. That would be expected. 

I ordered Membership Plus (so including the Kate model) and another kit at the same time on 11 July. The other kit arrived, but no membership pack or the Kate. I queried by email and received a canned response (covering Hornby as well as Airfix), which has this about the Club:

• Airfix Club Membership welcome letter and members card are again administered from the office. We are working on orders from the end of June to Mid-July over the next week. Membership subscriptions after these dates will follow in due course.  
  • Airfix club plus welcome packs are temporarily out of stock. We are expecting the next club kit to arrive in early November.

So for the time being in return for my £24.99 I have access to a web page that offers me the opportunity to buy some tins...

Can any member actually access the Airfix Club page?  I am unable to so would be very greatful for some tips on actually being able to get in!

I'd like to get access too. Each time I log in I get a welcome/reminder but no access.