duchess

gowest

Just a quick note on the Duchess.

Some time back I spoke about rebuilding a Flying Scotsman into a LMS Duchess andafter much work that project is now complete and I have just finished some steam testing and all went well.

I did not include this in one of my detailed rebuilds projects as I thought it is getting a bit
repetitive and boring maybe.
Hehere are a few pictures and will upload a video tonight and post it on the forum.

/media/tinymce_upload/cf0491022a5761ac5b92d02d2fd39901.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/90999462729d8d4fa87166e24500f02f.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/bc4c76c077498ca78471fd690bd0fc9e.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/174d4feef8d18e6c3905d08d9da68850.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/274ffd02cea66031119cb8c8c907ec94.jpg

Hi Rob

As you say the link did work I can never remember what I do to add a link and spend time copy and pate the URL and the chain symbols in or not but I get there in the end.

even the YouTube software has changed and the edit program does not run correctly on my old pc so spent 3 hrs trying to get the Private changed to Public still it's all up and running and as you say the engine runs well so that's that out the way.

must get the tank engine back on track next.

trust you are still solving your railway problems 

Ken

• 10 months later...

Ken

They were ‘mislaid’ during the transfer of the old forum to the new forum.

Not just your historic pictures but every single picture that had been posted on every topic.

Official story at the top of the Forum Index page says they will be reinstated over time, however we have been waiting a fair old time to see them return.

Hopefully it will not be too much longer.

Just to add, that Adam left Hornby two Christmases ago. Adam has not currently been replaced with a permanent 'person in post' as a full time administrator.

Thanks for the up date

the last year or so with working from home IT wise has put skilled internet data systems people in a good position my own daughter has changed jobs in that line of work and a shortage of good people is a problem for many let's hope Hornby get on top of it and most of all find my pictures

The other thing that has been ‘lost’ Ken is instant picture posting rights. We all have to wait until our pictures are approved. The good thing is we Mods can do that now so generally it is fairly instant.

Good to see the steam railcar out for some exercise.

Hi Rob

i think I have made 2 posting of the GWR Railmotor was this because it wasn't an instant update as you say pictures now have to be approved?

so much for my testing the new forum it's old chap problems just an old man with an old iPad which will not be able to update a new browser

I have an old iPad Ken with the same problem, stuck at v9.5.3 and the old browser masks the login blocks. You can login by careful placement of your finger on screen to enter the user and password blocks, then if you can see and press the remember me button you should stay logged in forever.

forum_image_60b9f2003a2ee.thumb.png.7a620a657d06760242d3df569431aacd.png

I left both your pictures up as one was zoomed more than the other.

If you want you can delete the spare post yourself by clicking the three vertical dots in that post and selecting Delete.