Whisper it quietly

LCDR

Hey!

Ā 

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Been taking care of some family medical emergencies. Thanks LC. What a heavy blog, full of content. The works images of the Hush-hush are simply spectacular. And it's good to learn more about how the images are rendered.

Ā 

Loving the artwork of the Hush-hush, A2/2 and A2/3. It's good the see progress made on the Std 2 as well. The approval samples of the BR 9F "Evening Star" look superb. I hope Hornby release it again with the same level of decoration but not as a limited edition.

I agree it doesn't have the sleek beauty of the A4, or its alter-ego as 60700. There were two serious attempts to use water tube boilers on express passenger locomotives, the other one was a Fowler Royal Scot 6399 "Fury". nether of them resulted in a successful outcome. Water tube boilers were very successful in power stations but didn't quite cut it in transport.

Yet again what a great read The Engine Shed is!

Ā 

I really love seeing how the models are developed and the amount of work that gets put into them. I really have little interest in OO, but the Apple Green 10000 is so tempting!Ā 

Ā 

Looking forward to the next one.........

• 1 month later...

Must admit I'm disappointed with the 3 choices of the LNER 10000. I'm new to the hobby and mostly collect examples of interesting locos, so really looked forward to this one. As a novice I don't pretend to know much about the protoypes but on doing a little research on this loco, it seems two out of the three options simply never existed - it never carried a nameplate and it never carried the (yes I know it looks stunning) Apple Green livery.

So, the only accurate option is the relatively dull Battleship Grey with the single blastpipe - I wouldv'e preferred the Kylchap double blastpipe version, in Garter Blue, but hey ho - save my Ā£200 for something else...

(Just realised Hornby do the streamlined versions - but that hides the unique shape of the original 10000)

Ā 

• 11 months later...
It's tautological. Saying the same thing twice. Like, hush-hush and... tautological, saying the same thing twice. šŸ¤£

Ā 

Ā 

Guy Martin does that - says everything twice; as did Fred Dibnah - ā€œdid you like that, I say did you like thatā€.