Digital chip for Ferrari 412p

Alien23

Has anyone soldered a digital chip into a Ferrari 412p? I'm about to attempt it, but there isn't a lot of room in there, looks like the only way to do it will involve removing part of the passenger seat. Any helpful hints?

It would've been great if the Ferraris were DPR, to go up against all the Le Mans DPR Ford GT40s on the market.

I love those sports cars, but yeah.. they can be tight!

The most import thing is to get the LED within 1 cm of the tail of the guide blade.

You can use wires to put the chip anywhere else in the car.

I don't know what the car looks like inside but maybe there is space in front of the motor?

There is a whole "database" on slotforum.com of cars beign chipped.

Maybe there is a Ferrari 412 there..

• 1 month later...

Hi Alian 23,

I've fitted both my 330 P4 and 412P (same car) with chips. I've agreed to repair a 412 that I sold earlier and waiting for Underpan to arrive. I'll take a few pics to show you if I can. First you have to shorten all the wires. I normally cut the guide/blade wires and solder to the corresponding chip wires and same with motor wires. I place the chip laterally behind the front wheels where the ledge of the floorpan is and secure with Blu-tac. You have to check wire lengths and solder them to chip and motor, don't forget to heat-shrink on all solderderd wire-joints. You can use a glue gun to secure the wires to the floorpan. I think there is a pre-existing hole by the ledge where the IR lens fits, if not drill a 4mm hole centre of F/pan where the ledge is. It's a bit tight, but is 'do-able'.  Hope that helps