Stephenson's Rocket

Hornbysue

Good morning

First I confess to knowing very little, but my Dad was a train enthusiast.  We found a Stephenson's Rocket in the loft, 3.5 inch gauge, 25 feet of track in a black box.  G100-9140-00523.   We'd love to get it working, but we have two problems.  1.  The instructions were stuck together at the bottom, so we can't read some of the text. Would any of you lovely people be able to help with a copy please?  2.  It doesn't seem to have anywhere to put the lighter propellant.  We wonder if Dad blew up the boiler?  Is it possible to get a replacement at all?  Any other hints and tips appreciated and thank you for your help.

Best wishes

I am not the expert referred to by RAF96 but if I remember correctly, the gas tank is concealed below the water barrel on the tender.  The gas tank seal was one of this 40-year old model's achilles heels.  Replacement metal gas tanks are available via Forest Classics (www.forest-classics.co.uk)

We don't seem to be able to get the water barrel off the tender either - does it just pull?  We don't want to break it!  The gas tank is definitely not in there so will see if we can get one. Thank you for your help, much appreciated.  Has anyone got a set of instructions as well please?  

Hi

its all bin said the gas tanks are replaceable with a better designed unit that is all I know about the Rocket as it's a model I have not dealt with my knowledge is limited if RAF 96 is thinking as me as the expert then sorry no is the answer 00 gauge steam maybe and as for expert remember an EX is something that was? And a SPERT is a drip under pressure!!!!