WANTED: Collector Club Issue #119

TATICMOOR

There is no 'Private Messaging' function on this forum, so even if someone had a copy to donate, there is no easy way to contact you.

If someone does say they have one to donate, then both parties involved have to send an email to forum@hornby.com making a request to be put in contact.

I suggest that the mail contains as a minimum:

1. A clickable link to this thread as evidence of the mutual agreement.
  2. Your own forum 'user name'
  3. The 'user name' of the OTHER party that you want to communicate with.
  4. Whether or not you are the instigator of the request or the recipient of the request. In other words Taticmoor is the 'instigator'.
  5. An overview of the reason why contact is requested.

Whether or not that process will work without being chased, is anybodies guess. The forum admin role within Hornby is being covered by a 'caretaker' staff member as there is currently no permanent person in post.

There may be some resistance by Hornby staff to facilitate this contact as it is potentially a technical breach of the 'Data Protection Act'. Which is why BOTH parties have to put their agreement in email writing.

Just to add to the data protection caveat in Chris’ contact guide. A recent exchange of details was made between two members for a similar purpose, but the temp Admin first checked with their legal chaps if they could indeed pass such details. The result was that the process is deemed legally valid and contact can be made from one member via Admin to the other member, but any response to that request is down to that other member.

@Taticmor..........As you have now seen the above posts I have emailed Admin as per advice from Chrissaf above....As soon as I have your email address I will contact you for your home address then can post #119 to you.........HB

Thats is okay, and thanks so much if we get to do this and I appreciate you coming forward to help me out.

John.

• 3 months later...
That's a shame as no doubt Hornby in toto has knocked off for Xmas.
Maybe if taticmoor contacts me I can put him in direct touch with you.

Sorry I've not been around here again due to personal issues with family.

I'll will see if I can get my email out to you soon.

I quick update to say a big THANK YOU to Rob for the swapping of info and to Howard for the mint condition copy of The Collector issue #119 which was received today. Cheers guys (and gals) for all your help in getting this issue to me that I needed. I greatly appreciate the forum pages and its members for being there for any help. Not just for me but for everyone and each other, a superb community of modellers you are all.