MKD 1/87 French Building Kits

bill7437

I understood there was to be a part reissue of this range together

with a range leaflet last year but nothing appears to have materialised

and there is no mention of the range in the 2021 International catalogue.

Has this project been postponed or abandoned ???

• 2 weeks later...

@Tim

I see from the current advert in Continental modeller that HO structures are being branded as Mediterranean Line.

Are these going to be listed for direct purchase on this website as although these have been in the catalogues for a while, I have never seen them available to buy in the UK.

@Tim

Thanks. I hadn't thought to look in Arnold though had searched through the Electrotren and Jouef sections in vain......presumably the remaining structures will eventually be listed.

(On a plus side I have just noticed that the International brands homepages have direct links to this section of the forum. A nice touch which should bring more engagement.)

MKD is a different kettle of fish not resin but polystyrene building kits and accessories. These originated from Olivier and Martine Lanter ( Modele Kit Diffusion ) and in recent years appeared under the Jouef and Lima brands after the takeover of MKD by Hornby as their French distributors

after Olivier's poor health. Many were designed by Alain Pras well known

for his later designs of Jouef building kits. To my knowledge they have never been sold widely in the UK as very obviously French outline and mainly HO scale but invaluable to the SNCF modeller and a further addition to the Jouef range. GREAT news for their re-introduction soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bill, just to clarify. Tim's link is not posted in a 'clickable form' it has to be copied to your clipboard and pasted into your browser 'go to' address bar. It works for me as well as 'ellocoloco' using this documented method. My apologies in advance if this is the method you actually used that didn't work.