1990's analogue power issues

I have recently resurrected a Scalextric C.1007 – Formula One outfit for my grandchildren. It was bought in the early 1990’s and is working perfectly. The only problem is that I don’t seem to have a piece of track that allows me to fit the 16v Powerbase properly.

The Powerbase is working fine but I can’t connect both tracks as none of the track sections have the necessary, moulded connections opposite each other – any that have the connection spaces have 2 ‘offset’ on the underside. Any advice if there is a specific track reference that has the necessary connections?

Many thanks.

Yes that is a classic powerbase. If you want to use modern track you need the adapters I mentioned.

After looking at the pictures though I don't understand why you circled parts in red.

Maybe I don't understand your problem after all?

AP

I haven't explained my issue very well. I'm happy to stick with the classic track.

The issue is that the pins on the powerbase unit only align with a connection on 1 of the tracks - not both and I wanted to know if there is a special track reference that will allow the powerbase to connect to BOTH tracks?

Photo 1 shows the C160 track with the powerbase connection points ringed

Photo 2 is a bigger version of a connection point.

Photo 3 shows the powerbase aligned with the underside of the track. The bottom track will fit perfectly but there is no corresponding connection on the 'upper' track?

Thanks for the help.

AP

I haven't explained my issue very well. I'm happy to stick with the classic track.

The issue is that the pins on the powerbase unit only align with a connection on 1 of the tracks - not both and I wanted to know if there is a special track reference that will allow the powerbase to connect to BOTH tracks?

Photo 1 shows the C160 track with the powerbase connection points ringed
Photo 2 is a bigger version of a connection point.
Photo 3 shows the powerbase aligned with the underside of the track. The bottom track will fit perfectly but there is no corresponding connection on the 'upper' track?

Thanks for the help.

John

I think I understand your question and problem.

The track section on which you circled the power connections is the classic track that was used prior to the powerbase style of connections.

With the track that you show the power was applied to the track by two flying leads coming from a jumble of wires around the controllers and transformers, on the end of the flying leads was a rectangular plug that fitted into your circled areas.

Your powerbase is from the late series of classic track, my guess is that in your collection of track there will be a section of track that has those connection sockets in line to match your power base.

I had that same powerbase as you sometime ago but the classic track all went missing in a house move, I think we gave priority to the Sport track.

B.

I don't think there are any posts on here with wiring older powerbases but I am sure there would be some to found online. It's fairly straightforward . You have a positive and a negative wire for each lane and they need to get power from the power jack...

Like I said. Google "slot car track wiring" and it should show you something useful..