HM6000 firmware upgrade

PaulF1707822415

You should see this dialogue after selecting update firmware in Settings. Your module names will be different to mine.

forum_image_607df2dc2a1e7.png.17d36a947568b6422bfbe45395753483.png

Select each module in turn and press update device

forum_image_607df2dda9640.png.a13c9e2f1c636bf79335211287be3ece.png

Confirm action

forum_image_607df2df00599.png.783a31c9267060586b397c403690a56b.png

Press update and wait for it to complte.

forum_image_607df2e04c67e.png.f03d56f8dfd166042e1ef3b7b260de4c.png

Go back to the first list and repeat for each listed module.

If all else fails. Power up the module and press the reset button until the red led flashes, release and wait for it to stabilise. This resets it back to factory settings.

Then attempt the update again.

It may help to select BLE as your mode. If no joy select Mesh. Scan and save your module and try update from there. If no joy provision and connect the module.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good afternoon, I have been trying to update the firmware but the update doesn't appear to be working, its been telling me that it's updating device via ota (0%)for the last 2 hours

I have reset the device twice but the screen has not changed

Should I try something else

Mick

The firmware only needs updating if the report screen shows there is a later update for a particular module. I found in testing that updating each module in turn was better than trying to do a global update. Refer to my previous post above to see the screens you should get. Update firmware gives you a list of provisioned devices (modules). You check these are disconnected from the app and pick them one by one and select update.

I refer you to page 28 of the user manual for the update procedure which you are no doubt following to the letter, noting that in event of problems using the module reset will put the unit back to its basic revision state. This base firmware is held in the device memory exactly for such a case where the module apparently bombs on update.

My basic understanding about the updating process is that you should be provisioned (i.e. paired) to the handheld device - but not connected to the app. If the module is connected to the app it precludes the module being updated over the air (OTA) direct from the developer’s site. No update files are held in the app.

@96RAF

I have now updated the firmware, and the slider controls work.

As far as I know I am connected red and blue light on but nothing seems to be working there is no voltage to the track.

Should the control screen be emergency stop or resume I have tried both

The resume operation control button does not appear to do anything

@mick

Once the firmware is updated you then need to reconnect into the mesh and I found after doing this it was routine to press the resume command control or whatever the button says as it is a tad different depending upon where you activate it from - settings or operate screens,

If this doesn’t get control back then consider disconnecting, de-provision, rescan, re-provision and reconnect.

If there is still a problem then it may be necessary to force delete the module and reset it before going through the setup again. A pest I know but no different from Windows asking for a fresh install and reboot every five minutes.