My Hornby Thomas motor and worm gear are stopping the wheels from touching the track

I have Hornby's last model of Thomas the Tank Engine and a few months back it was on its last legs and the gear went square. I bought new wheels, a new gear and new motors but the wheels are gear set that works with Hornby's last model of Thomas are out of stock. I need some help. When I add the motor to the belly plate of the loco chassis, it stops the middle wheel from turning and it lifts it up off the track, though the left and right wheels stay on the track. Is this a problem with the motor or the gear. I have tried tightening the motor, loosening it and it still won't work.

The wheels, including the middle gear set, move on the track freely when the motor is removed but the motor stops chassis from working.

I am a young modeller and I have no idea how to fix it. Please help me.

Thank you :)

CJ

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear of the problem.

Can you provide part numbers for the replacement components you purchased?

Is the chassis of your loco exactly the same as the one illustrated on Service Sheet 349 which is downloadable via the Product Support section of the Support and Advice menu here?

From what you are describing you may have the wrong wheel set for the loco frame. It also sounds like the motor doesn’t fit the old mount in proper alignment with the gear train.

Often a later model may seem to be the same as a previous model but there can be differences in detail, making swapping parts impossible.