Jouef TGV Atlantique Operating Pantographs.

bill7437

I have a Jouef TGV Atlantique bought in Paris in 1989. It is one of the 100 limited edition white liveried items and a 12 car unit. In the last few days owing to a de-wire one of the fitted Sommerfeldt pantographs has been damaged beyond repair - one of the cast arms broken. I have contacted Sommerfeldt who made the pantographs for Jouef but they no longer have any parts, can anyone suggest a source for a replacement ???

Lendons are showing in stock a set for a Lima Thalys HL2001 and a set for Jouef HJ1013, TGV Duplex. The Electrotren AVE 100/ is also TGV based so would have similar pantographs. There are some Rivarossi pantographs also in stock. Trix/Marklin and Mehano have also released models of the TGV.

As a long shot, you might be able to use one for the Bachmann Amtrak Acela - people keep saying how great their spares availability is...................!

Hope this gives you a few ideas...blush

Thanks ellocoloco. Difficulty is to get four pantos to match without spending mega bucks. The Sommerfeldt TGV pantos are a very different design to others. I have managed to find in my bits box a Lima TGV panto to which I have added the Sommerfeldt palette and it does not look terribly out of place. However it is a great shame that the original cannot be replaced even with pantos from China which in themselves are flimsy. Am beginning to think

it should be run with pantos down !!!!!!

Hi ellocoloco have looked at the pantos you mentioned on Lendons website

and regrettably they are not much better than the Lima TGV panto I have used. The Bachmann Acela panto (unfortunately moulded in red) part H 19401 is sold out. Will just have to be satisfied with what I have it seems

but thanks for your advice anyway

How different are the TGV pantographs to those used on the DB ICE trains??

Roco have stock of ICE 2 pantographs, but again they are €30, Trix and Piko also have done ICE trains - glad I swerved overhead models....grinning

You could also look for a non runner on ebay that could be a donor. There is a TGV Atlantique on the now starting at £20.

ICE pantos have a different type of palette judging by that on my 10 car Mehano ICE and many similar pantos available pretty cheaply from China.Unfortunately most of the Jouef TGV Atlantique models which were sold in the UK were the simplified items from 4 car train sets with plastic non-operational pantos so sourcing the operational items from ebay is a bit of a lottery. I have however discovered a source in Slovenia who sells Mehano parts - he will do a set of 2 TGV pantos AC & DC for 14 Euros plus 8 Euros post and although they are not as fine as Sommerfeldt they may be an option if I decide to replace the whole lot to get a proper match. It is still going to be around £35.

Yes I have a number of their items including 2 French Electrics 27000 SNCF Fret & 37000 Veolia, 10 car DB ICE, 10 car Thalys PBKA 1st livery ,G 1206 Vossloh Veolia, Class 77 Euro Cargo Rail all excellent runners. The guy in Slovenia is named Bogdan and his website Krmelj.com in Slovenian but just use your computer translator. He does have a very comprehensive selection and does not appear too expensive.I have managed to get some bits direct from Mehano but they are not noted for speed of reply and you have to badger them. Their main speciality now appears to be kids back packs under the brand name Live - their model rail products now like many made under contract in China. They do have an internet shop under www.mehano.si and sell some of the items made for distribution by their European agents

Lemke.