Overload on Lane Change

Neil-1227682

I have a Scalextric Sport Digital lane change challenge, When my cars go to pass over either of the two corner lane changers (on the flipper lane) the cars stop and I get an ‘overload’ reading on the powerbase. This can sometimes be reset using the powerbase reset otherwise it requires a disconnect and reconnect of the changeover track pieces to clear the fault. The fault returns again when the car goes to pass over the changeover.

NB this doesn’t happen when the car goes over the non flipper lane.

Any help appreciated.

Neil

Hi Neil,

Are you using ARC PRO?

ARC PRO was not designed to work with the curved lane changers.

There are some versions that do work with them but most require you to modify the curved lane changer slightly to get them to work.

There are many threads about that here in the forum as will on Slotracer.online

Good luck!

Hi Neil,
Are you using ARC PRO?
There are some versions that do work with them but most require you to modify the curved lane changer slightly to get them to work.
Good luck!

Hi Neil,
Are you using ARC PRO?
Good luck!

I’m using sport digital.

To just be 100% sure o the problem, try only connecting the lane changer and the power base and see if the overload occurs.

If it doesn't make the smallest possible track with pieces of track that you know are in good condition and see if it still happens.

If it still happens then there is a fault in the powebase.

That is a the really old "4-car" digital powerbase. They can barely power more than 2 cars and are well known for having poor build quality.

They haven't been sold for years and I doubt you can find anyone to fix it.

You can try contacting customer care at Hornby or returning it where you bought it or upgrade to the latest powerbase (ARC PRO) or the predecessor C7042.

• 1 month later...