TfW Class 230 model please

Rob-1215850

Please would Hornby consider designing a Transport for Wales Class 230 model which will soon be operated on the Borderlands Line in North Wales. Ex London Underground stock, these unique battery DMUs are currently on test and will soon be released upon the line, possibly in early 2022.

Something for Hornby to consider before any competitiors get in on the act?

My photo:

forum_image_61b2719f7af9f.thumb.png.77521a533e7638f3afacb79cc8b03965.png

@Rob

Moderator Note:

Could you please select the 'View my Community’ in your Dashboard on the Forum and choose a nickname in the ‘My profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. Hopefully a Forum change is coming soon to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name.

(I have removed your duplicate thread)

That is certainly a good possibility for Hornby I'd say. People have been crying for more RTR Underground stock for years and now they're 'out in the wild' with other liveries, it would appeal to more people.

Generally though as I have said before, we just need more modern era MUs on the market. As far as I'm aware, Hornby are currently the only manufacturer doing anything in a TfW livery (that being the class 67 and Mk.IVs) and I respect them for that.

There's one manufacturer who have announced a model of a loco that hasn't even entered service yet, so for those modeling the railways of the future, that's available for you! The Clayton CBD90, soon to be the new Class 18, is a very exciting real-life project for those interested. Anyway, there are lots of new trains soon to arrive on Britain's rail network, particularly with Transport for Wales. Classes 197, 230, 231, 756 amongst others. All create gaps in the model railway market.

@96RAF I am just imagining it now, BR green with whiskers would suit the 230 really well! Rather like that 66 in BR Large logo blue, modern stock using heritage liveries. Conversely, I always remember that photo from a few years back on here on Flying Scotsman in a Virgin Trains livery. All great modeling opportunities.