Arc Pro or C7042 Powerbase?

Nige1707822693

Hi,

I am about to buy a Scalextric set and will probably start off with one of Jedlam's sets as these seem pretty good value, however, the ones I am looking at come with the Arc Pro powerbase and I really want to connect my layout to my PC to display lap info, etc.

I understand there are many options for the C7042 but only one app is available for the Arc Pro, has anyone got experience of both setups and if so which would you recommend?

I know the C7042 is a bit dated now but is it still worth getting?

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

Nige.

Ni Nige,

ARC PRO has an open BLE and anyone savvy enough can create an app for it (There is one from "Magic" currently available for Windows and Android and hopefully available again soon for Apple.

What ARC PRO can do is best documented here:

https://slotracer.online/community/showthread.php?tid=181

Which is better is very subjective.

From my point of view the only advantage of the C7042 is if you combine with with RCS64 which allows you the ability to tweak absolutely every single thing of the car.

For ease of use though I prefer ARC PRO.

Thanks very much Andy I will have a read of that thread.

I think I have already decided to go with the Arc Pro as it comes with the package that I am considering.

The only thing I don't like about the Arc Pro is the app appears a bit arcade like for my taste, but I can hope others will be available in the future.

I've just received the C7042 for Christmas you're looking around 149.99 new I've had to add four second hand throttles and two second hand power supplies to run 6 car's as you can't buy them new from scalextric. That's pretty much £200 just for all that. Luckily I've already got a sport track set but planning on a reasonably big layout so this can get quite expensive something to take into consideration.

@Nige,

If you have ARC PRO just get on the Windows store via Windows 10 or Windows 11, or the Google Play store and get the MARIG ARC APP. It is not arcade like but more hobbiest/club style. It's easy to install and use and will be great when displayed from a PC or via multiple monitors on a PC.

It's posted as free to use and if you like it you can follow my lead and send any donation you want to MAGIC. Either way it's worth the price of admission!

BTW I have several licensed programs to work with the C7042 ( I own three of them with a full set of controllers for each) and yet I prefer the ARC PRO. I think you will be pleased with your kit.