Considering a HM6000 but I have a few questions

Trains1707822545

I want to buy a Hornby HM6000 but there are a few questions I want to ask. 

1. I would run the PWM at low frequency for smooth slow down and stop and for shunting, regardless of speed, will this do any harm to the motors or any issues 

3. Will the PWM do damage to old Triang Hornby, wren, mainline, and Hornby railways and Lima model's. 

4. Will this run on an old android with android 8.0.0 

5. Is any extra Accessories required to run multiple circuits. 

6. Can I run Ringfield models with this. 

7. Can I turn the throttle down so low that headlights stay on but motor doesn't move, only for a short period to stop at stations, or is this bad for the Motor.

Answers to some of your questions.

1. It should be OK but may be noisier. I found the quietest setting best suited my running. Note that if running any decoder equipped locos that changing the PWM frequency can cause odd responses from the loco, so this is not recommended. Note also that there is a bug report in as PWM frequency adjustment is missing from the app on some android phones.
  2. Cannot see a Q2.
  3. Older motors were tough and seem to run well on modern PWM controllers without any bother.
  4. See the FAQ screen grab below, noting the other requirements, so just try to load the app (free download) on your Android and if it does it should be OK.
  5. Each 6000 will run two circuits but you obviously need a power track or power clip for each. Up to 8 circuits can be run with up to four 6000 modules and power supplies.
  6. Each 6000 module will provide a max output of 1.5 A to share between the two circuits, so if your ring-fields are well maintained they should be OK.
  7. This was discussed on another forum using a different PWM controller and the opinion was yes it could (led lights only) but may heat a motor if left for a long time.

forum_image_61d7f6169cc87.thumb.png.5535b325402579793adc6e553eb9aa55.png

2 is missing out of cuz of a typo.

"Mod note: 'blue button' content removed as being unnecessary. As mod 96RAF says in his reply below, it is better to ignore the 'blue button' and use the "Reply Text Box" at the bottom of the page for all replies. The "blue button" is not a "Reply to this post" button.

@trains

Because you replied using the blue button with white arrow and my previous post contained an image your reply went into the approval queue.

Much easier to scroll down the page and use the blank reply box (if necessary copy and paste any text you want to quote).

Yes but what you may find is the HM6K is faster at tripping out upon sensing what it thinks is a short than the GM controller so passing loop to loop may be troublesome. I found fitting insulating fishplates helped.

Using HM6K and GM as separate controllers is no different to using any other pair of controllers.