Micro barriers!

Peter-1237766

Hi all.

I am new to micro Scalextric and the forum and have just set up a semi-permanent micro track. I have screwed the track down and the cars and track are working well.

The problem I am having is with the micro crash barriers. I want to add these to most of the circuit on the inside and outside of bends but I am having lots of issues with them obstructing the cars - in particular with mini coopers which appear to be bigger than 1/64 scale?!!

I would also welcome any ideas to join the barriers - which may form part of the solution.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and can offer some advice / a solution?

Many thanks

Peterforum_image_61dc3f1c88f20.thumb.png.0f5a4589d203881e051c8a79d9f53890.png

A small note: in 2019 Hornby introduced a new, incompatible, style of Micro track.

From the pictures it appears you have the older style track.

I could be wrong though...

The older style track is roughly the same dimensions of most "H0" scale slot car track such as Tyco, AFX etc.

You could try their barriers and see if the work better.

Where the track is flat on the ground you can use cork or some other material to make run off areas instead of clip on barriers.

Anything in the air, i.e. cross overs/bridges would require something bespoke I think...