2022 New Releases

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of new tool 1/72 scale kits but overall its good news. The vintage classics are welcome, its always great to see old favourites again, especially the two warships. Better news would be to also have a day of summer releases instead of saving it all for once a year.

Some one has said there might be more news of classic releases later on in year but that might be wishful thinking, but if anyone at Airfix reading this then it gets my vote!

It would be good to have half a dozen more 'Vintage Classics' released in the middle of the year. There's no shortage of kits to choose from.

Some one has said there might be more news of classic releases later on in year but that might be wishful thinking, but if anyone at Airfix reading this then it gets my vote!

It would be good to have half a dozen more 'Vintage Classics' released in the middle of the year. There's no shortage of kits to choose from.

I would certainly like to see Helldiver, Lysander or Ju 52/3m republished.

The releases looked a bit thin on the ground at first glance, but looking back through them, there are some major releases in there, led by the 24th Spitfire, 48th Bucc and Anson. The new parts issues are nice, too. Lots of red boxes will be headed my way this year.

I must thank Airfix for there classic reissues of the F-80c and DHC Beaver. I have been asking for these for ages.

Certainly enough to keep me busy this year. I still have all the V Bombers to build.

When you look at the actual number of new tools appearing every year, Airfix are still way up there on quantity and quality.

What I would like to see is more Airfix products being produced in the UK. Not too happy about price rises, but that seem inevitable across the hobby, with increased material costs and huge transport costs and hold ups. That's my main concern over getting them built here.