Full Race Timer

I have made up my own circuit using Sport track and have an electronic Sport lap timer (C8215). What I want is something that will give me the total time taken to complete a race. So like the lap timer I could tap in how many laps I want to race and when those laps are completed it will give me the total time taken, not just the best lap time. It looks like the ARC ONE controller would do it but I wondered if there was another timer that would work without going down the app route? Any advice appreciated.

OK so basically there isn't one unless I buy an overhead one made by another manufacturer.

The reason I am trying to avoid the App based one is because I may want to upgrade my controller to an aftermarket one at some point, and having contacted the maker of the one I have in mind they only do them with the round Sport jack connections, not the ones that fit in the ARC power base.

I did however find this topic and wondered if anyone knows if it still holds true? If it does I could run an ARC ONE which would give me access to the app and the race timing feature I am after, but could power the cars via the Sport C8217 Powerbase which would accept my aftermarket controller.

https://uk.scalextric.com/community/forum/recently-got-back-imto-scalextric-and-have-a-few-questions

Yes you are referring to the "ARC ONE Brake Mod". It basically dsoconnects the controllers and pwoer to the rails within the powerbase and allows you to use whatever controllers you want.

It is on my list of things to do for a 1/24 scale set up...

It has been covered thoroughly here in forum but the pics have scarpered...

You just open the ARC ONE power base up (4-6 screws) and pull the white plug in the middle that connects the controllers to the rails... piece of cake.,.

You still have give power to the powerbase though...

Yes you are referring to the "ARC ONE Brake Mod". It basically dsoconnects the controllers and pwoer to the rails within the powerbase and allows you to use whatever controllers you want.
It is on my list of things to do for a 1/24 scale set up...
It has been covered thoroughly here in forum but the pics have scarpered...
You just open the ARC ONE power base up (4-6 screws) and pull the white plug in the middle that connects the controllers to the rails... piece of cake.,.
You still have give power to the powerbase though...

Hi Andy that's great. Thanks for confirming the instructions. I'll post pics on here once I've done it for future reference.