Hornby Collector Club - Renewal

Bulleidboy

Well, I didn’t get a reminder and the site wouldn’t let me renew when my membership expired on 12 January. Perhaps understandable as the ‘new’ 2023 club would launch on 1 February.

Yet today the launch has been ‘delayed’.

And at the weekend I was at the Visitor Centre, explained the situation, and they still wouldn’t honour the discount.

Leaves a nasty taste in the mouth, that does.

@DRC

It also says you get 300 Reward Point for renewinggrinning

@SteveM6

That does sound tough - a bit of flexibility required on Hornby's part - especially as you were there in person.

I assume we will receive another email when the Club is open and we can renew membership?

Who knows BB? It wasn’t a large purchase last week so not an issue worth arguing about at the time.

Fortunately I completed all my preorders, bar one, before the old one expired but I would like to reorder and cancel the ‘odd one out’ of there are any left. It’s the sound fitted Deltic - I will get one as I have a full price pre-order on the system, but a £35 discount wouldn’t hurt.

I think they have all been snapped up so it may be a good thing that I put in the order early.

From having been stalking a few sold out or unavailable locos myself, all but one of them have eventually come back in and have been available for pre-order. Who knows why this is. Cancelled pre-orders, increased batch size, decrease in items going out to retailers. It’s definitely worth checking back regularly.

I too am keeping an eye on the Deltic, even though I swore to only use steam locos, that Deltic is just too nice to pass up.

However I can’t order anything right now as the CC is still unavailable.

I’ve also just renewed. I was expecting an email announcing it was now live, but I suspect they’ve activated it, see if it works, then send out an email to all on the newsletter.

Even though I’ve purchased it, I never received a confirmation email, nor does it seem to be active when making a purchase.

I thought when you bought it it was immediately active?

I received an email acknowledging the "order", and my Reward Points were increased by 300.

I happened to notice the line stating the Club was temporarily closed had gone - so joined and it all worked.

In my "Details" on this site, it already says "Membership expires 9/2/2024" - probably an automated response?