Hornby Collector Club - Renewal

Bulleidboy

This is what was received - I usually go onto the Club site here, and click the "Renewal" button and pay by card - they already have the card details.

If you have not already renewed your membership to the 2022 Club and you would like to, you can do so by calling 01843 233512 or visiting us at https://uk.hornby.com/community/hornby-club. Our phonelines are open 9am -5pm Monday to Wednesday, 9am -3pm Thursday and Friday.

Alternatively, if you would like to sign up by post with a cheque option, Please make cheques payable to Hornby Hobbies Ltd and send to:

Customer Services

Hornby Hobbies Ltd

Enterprise Road

Westwood Industrial Estate

Margate

Kent

CT9 4JX

Please include the full name of the membership, telephone number and email address.

Please Note: Membership welcome packs can take up to 28 days to dispatch.  

• 9 months later...

i would like to be a member

of the Hornby tt120

free collector.s club

thank you.

simon walters.

Mod note - your address removed as you should not post personal details on the forum - read the Rules.

In addition this is the general Collectors Club area, not the TT:120 Club. To join that club select the TT:120 link at the top of the page and follow your nose.

This was clearly explained to you in your initial post back in October.

• 1 month later...

Mine runs out on the 12th so I thought I would renew today and be ready for any preorders that follow on from the 2023 product launch.

Clicked the renew option on the club page but for some reason it wouldn’t show in my basket. Thinking I hadn’t clicked properly I went back to reorder only to be told that I am up to the maximum allowed for that item.

Yet it won’t let me pay for it.

Curious indeed.

Check also that the renewal date follows on from the previous year's expiry date. On both of my previous renewals they decided that my renewed year should run from the renewal date, and not from the expiry date of the previous year's subscription. I had to message them on both occasions to get them to fix it.

I too am puzzled by this 1st Feb launch date. I let my membership lapse when I joined the TT:120 Club. With HM7000 and other recent developments I think I might join again to get the member discount. So what am I supposed to do? Wait until the 1st Feb and not pre-order in the meantime?

Edit: or join the 2022 Club for 1 month @ £30 to get the discount? How does this work?

When I called the person on the end of the phone said the renewal might not be able to work online if it’s within your current year. I did it in the 11th (renewal date) and it worked fine. Maybe just some lines of code need to be added to allow people to pay for a renewal within the same year but still counts for a full 12 months?

I recall the Collectors Club had some "time-out" awhile back, coming back online for the 1st of February. My membership expires on the 1st February, as I expect many others do too. I also remember last year renewing online and getting the Clubs 10% discount on my membership - may be Reward Points as well this year??

Yes, I got a 10% discount on my renewal back in November. I should think reward points will now also apply.

I think it's wrong though that membership renewals are suspended until February. New memberships maybe, for whatever reason they are doing that, but you should be able to renew seamlessly.

• 2 weeks later...

What I don’t get is why do our memberships end before the new CC can be bought? This makes absolutely no sense to me. The way the CC membership works is like some antiquated post by mail system.

Hornby need to move to a system where it transitions from one year to the next, like a subscription service, with an opt-in or opt-out auto renewal system. This way there is no blackout period where we all have to wait for renewal day, only to find the service “unavailable” for whatever reason.