Airfix Club dogfight double for 2025?

David-1237409

Unfortunately just altering the Folland Gnat T.1 will not do. The Gnat F.1 and the Ajeet version were quite different.

Different main wings, different tail planes, different fin & rudder, different fuselage nose from the rear of the cockpit forwards, different engine intakes and different fuselage spine.

The only common part is the main fuselage

Airfix would have to tool up a completely new kit for the Gnat F.1. I would think that might be a low priority, especially as only 3 countries used the F.1 / Ajeet - Finland, Jugoslavia and India

The Gnat would need more work for sure, I suppose it ultimately depends on how many would sell in India-or in general, as there needs to be volume. Of course, as a kit exists from another manufacturer a rebox isnt out of the question.

WW2 obviously is the backbone of model sales , conversely Korea is almost MIA along with the interwar period along with most conflicts of a non-European nature.

The Gnat would need more work for sure, I suppose it ultimately depends on how many would sell in India-or in general, as there needs to be volume. Of course, as a kit exists from another manufacturer a rebox isnt out of the question.
WW2 obviously is the backbone of model sales , conversely Korea is almost MIA along with the interwar period along with most conflicts of a non-European nature.

Korea hasn't been that missed by Airfix David, They've done Korean War F-86 Sabre, MiG 15, and F-51D Mustang in 1/72, and in 1/48 done the Sea Fury FB.11 and Meteor F8 of the RAAF in Korean markings. It looks like the new 1/72 Meteor F.8 will also get the Korean makeover in due course (The CAD shots showed the clear Perspex cover on the spine, and flashed over holes for rocket rails that were used by the Australians in Korea). That's 6 kits altogether.

Korea hasn't been that missed by Airfix David, They've done Korean War F-86 Sabre, MiG 15, and F-51D Mustang in 1/72, and in 1/48 done the Sea Fury FB.11 and Meteor F8 of the RAAF in Korean markings. It looks like the new 1/72 Meteor F.8 will also get the Korean makeover in due course (The CAD shots showed the clear Perspex cover on the spine, and flashed over holes for rocket rails that were used by the Australians in Korea). That's 6 kits altogether.

I was talking in general terms, but you are 100% correct about Airfix