Customer Service - Non Existent

nigelbrand

As the title says. Got given a 1:72 Tomcat kit as a way to helping keep my hands mobile due to severe arthritis. Started it and found 3 pieces missing in the first b10. Contacted them by the website and not heard after 17 days despite being informed that it would be within 5 days. Unable to telephone the spares dept directly. Customer service eventually sent me the missing parts but just gone to restart it and found another 11 pieces missing. What a shambles!!. Rang Customer Services again but unable to speak to manger as the go home at 1pm on Fridays. Promised a call on Monday morning but for second time this has not occurred. Does the company deserve to operate. Will definitely be using another company from now on. What a shambles.

Just had a very grovelling email from head of quality after making formal complaint about quality and lack of customer services / care. Also made trustpilot review which was set to be sent to Airfix as well. Shame I had to give them 1 star as 0 stars was not an option. Am aware that people only tend to give poor reviews but interesting that 60% of reviews were 1 star and most about poor or non existent customer care. Hopefully the 11 missing parts will arrive tomorrow as reply stated. Will be looking at other makes which my local air museum sell. Airfix used to be so good.

I think you've actually had a fairly good deal there nigelbrand. I've been an Airfix customer for over fifty years and have never known a new kit to have so many parts missing, even when kits weren't sealed in plastic bags or cellophane wrap. The fact that the issue has been sorted fairly quickly is not bad going.

It was a new kit. Box sealed and parts in sealed plastic bag. Kit identifier labels on box. Total of 14 parts missing. Identified 3 at the start and then another 11. Learnt to check all parts prior to starting next time. Did wonder if a complete grid of parts was missing. Let’s hope parts arrive tomorrow as promised by Hornby Head of Quality.

I'm with Ratch here, I have contacted them a couple of times. It took a couple of nudges to sort one missing part, but potentially the first message didn't arrive. I can tell you website back office systems can be a bit scratchy at times.

The second issue was stock not showing on the website, took a few days but it appeared and I bought it.

What I can say, when you compare airfix to companies selling kits at a similar price is that the graphics are better, the instructions (new issue) are fabulous and the paint and decal guides are spot on.

I bought a kit recently where the instructions were in an area the size of one A6 sheet and inaccurate, no decals and the painting guide was left profile only. It's a shame this kit was so frustrating, but I would suggest you check how new the kits are on scalemates and pick one with new(ish) tooling