Tarzan Figures

Ratch

I think the old Tarzan series is one TV programme we're unlikely to see again. I wouldn't mind seeing a limited re-release of this set though along with some of the other apparently TV based figure sets like 'High Chaparral', 'Wagon Train' and 'Robin Hood'. I was thinking about which more recent telly series would be worthy of an Airfix figure set? Dads Army would have been an obvious choice from back in the day, and 'Only Fools..' complete with car and the many various characters would be interesting set. I wondered if anyone could think of a set that younger people might appreciate these days? It may be something for Airfix to look at.

I don't really know how the licensing thing works - Corgi seem to thrive on TV & film related themes - but Airfix have always said it was prohibitive. I guess that's why HaT issued these as Jungle Adventure rather than Tarzan. That said, I'm a little surprised there's not Hornby Group licensed themes, running across multiple brands.

My own grandsons are football mad so I don't really know what might be popular with kids nowadays... they used to like Subbuteo but they play for teams now.