British Grenadiers 1776

• 2 weeks later...

Not really my era Ken, but from what I've read you're right about their shortcomings in the accuracy department. I intend to see if I can make the next ones from another regiment (if that's possible).

Not really my era Ken, but from what I've read you're right about their shortcomings in the accuracy department. I intend to see if I can make the next ones from another regiment (if that's possible).

I've had a look online and I think I can recommend this set It features 16 Grenadiers and 16 "Light Infantry". They're much more accurate and the sculpting is outstanding. The drawback is that there are only 8 poses (4 of each type). It seems that there are a few sets of British Infantry but Grenadiers are in short supply. Good luck with it. https://arcanesceneryandmodels.co.uk/shop/british-line-infantry-1775-172-scale-call-to-arms-set-65/

Ken, you're not allowed to promote other brands on here, tch tch.

Sorry if it seemed like I was "promoting" other makes Ratch. I was simply "discussing" the figures made by another company. Airfix don't produce the British Grenadiers any more so there's no conflict of interest, besides, good competition is what keeps a company on its toes don't you think?

We very much share your view on ATF, Ken.

Here, my picture of a Stratojet was taken down for promoting another brand and I'd not even stated which brand it was.

I build Airfix and other brands, but only post Airfix here now.

We very much share your view on ATF, Ken.
Here, my picture of a Stratojet was taken down for promoting another brand and I'd not even stated which brand it was.
I build Airfix and other brands, but only post Airfix here now.

Hi Ratch. Can I ask you an unrelated question without breaking any rules please? I'm in a couple of groups on FB where I (and others of course) discuss models and can sell, buy and swap kits (and related paraphenalia). I always try to price my stuff for sale fairly and competetively (I'm not a shop-keeper, just a guy whose stash has outgrown my expected lifespan). Would it be ok, on this forum, to mention these groups? Like I say I don't want to break any rules or "step on toes". Thanks in advance.