Analogue racing with an ARC Pro Powerbase crossover track question

I race analogue cars. My track has one crossover section in it connecting both lanes together ( 2 circuits of the track = 1 lap).

I am looking to upgrade my standard power supply / controller to ARC Air to get rid of the wire and I cannot forsee any problems running the above setup with it.

However, I may have the chance to get hold of an ARC Pro Digital Powerbase. If I switch that to analogue mode would there be a problem running the above track setup that anyone is aware of?

I'm just thinking ahead that if I did decide to go digital in the future I would already have the means to do it.

Any advice appreciated.

Spent a bit of time digging around on the slot racer forum and came across an old post on this subject. Conclusion seemed to be that if you are running analogue cars then stick with ARC air don't use ARC pro. Various issues with whining engine noises and cars not working properly due to the different way ARC pro powers the track. Unless that issue has been resolved then looks like it will be ARC air for me as long as it can run my track in its current set up with one sport crossover making both lanes into one track.

It is true that in analog mode sometimes the cars can whine on ARC PRO.

ARC AIR is a simpler solution and cheaper.

Having said that the latest revision version of ARC PRO is a little better and under normal racing conditions not a problem.

So if you know you will go digital soon I think the latest ARC PRO is fine (pretty much all ARC PRos out there are the latest ones now).

If you plan on staying analog for say, a few years go with ARC AIR.

ARC Air has arrived and fitted to my track. Slight whine from cars as previously mentioned by others.

The one big problem I have is that as my track has one Sport track crossover curve C8203 in it (making both lanes effectively one) as soon as you depress the trigger you get a power overload to the track and the unit cuts the power. This is not an issue with the ARC 1 Powerbase. The only way it will run is if I replace the crossover curve with a standard 2 lane one so I am now back to 2 separate lanes. I've had a look at the wiring into the track and the red and black power wires go into one connector on the motherboard of the power unit. It would appear that the only way I can run my crossover curve track is to isolate the power supply to one of the tracks to prevent the power overloading. Anyone else tried this modification on their track?