My collection so far.

SD45elect2000

Another good model and well posed as usual.

A strange thought occurred to me looking at your pictures. The background seems to have the sun low down behind the trees. That should mean that, in theory, you’d be taking a picture into the sun and so the plane would be quite dark. To get a decent view of the P-40, the sun would have to be behind the camera ! Hence that particular background would be redundant.

Of course, the ‘sun’ could just be the flash from the camera.

Funny how the mind works sometimes ….

Another good model and well posed as usual.
A strange thought occurred to me looking at your pictures. The background seems to have the sun low down behind the trees. That should mean that, in theory, you’d be taking a picture into the sun and so the plane would be quite dark. To get a decent view of the P-40, the sun would have to be behind the camera ! Hence that particular background would be redundant.
Of course, the ‘sun’ could just be the flash from the camera.
Funny how the mind works sometimes ….

Yes, it’s a reflection from my bench light. I’ll move it away next time.

Randall

the baltimore looks great a nice finish with the white, white is a night mare colour for me it never goes on right so i tend to stay away from it and practice on small things

paul

Thank you Paul, I agree that white is a tough color to paint. This model was painted in very small sections with a black pre shade undercoat. I didn’t use any washes or panel liner. I just painted one panel at a time.

Randall

I’m guessing this is the Hampden from Valom. It looks good, well done.

Which paint did you use for the green and brown? They look a little ‘rich’ for me, not dark enough. Having said that I’m not old enough to have seen the real thing, so what would I know?

I do like the paint job on the engines/cowlings. Well done again.

I’m guessing this is the Hampden from Valom. It looks good, well done.
Which paint did you use for the green and brown? They look a little ‘rich’ for me, not dark enough. Having said that I’m not old enough to have seen the real thing, so what would I know?
I do like the paint job on the engines/cowlings. Well done again.

Thank you Dominic!

I used AK interactive real colors for the paint, I did lighten the black but I left the other colors alone. I have painted quite a few aircraft with these colors but that certainly doesn’t mean they are correct . That said, perhaps my lighting isn’t the greatest for photography?

I did my best on a very combative kit, I’m not entirely happy with the results although the torpedo did turn out to be nice.

I’ll try more black pre-shading on the next one.

Randall