My collection so far.

SD45elect2000

• 2 weeks later...

I took this outside to photograph, too many shadows I think.

Anyhow, I kinda got a thing for black airplanes.forum_image_647a2caf4cb69.png.38288fc5ce92d6264c8d60a67a3f3313.pngforum_image_647a2cb1d8fe2.png.603fe34ed76d0a4b61934cc819dfc782.pngforum_image_647a2cb4674af.png.8c6d6338a0ce9d619a6ba10d5597054e.pngforum_image_647a2cb6f26de.png.77994118eab80fce50a7f9ecbcbff2d0.png

I have about 1/2 dozen of these to do, maybe one of them will turn out the way I want it to.

I’ve said it before, build a group and they do get better right?

Randall

the black swordfish looks good like it in a dull black, the shadows give the pictures a different dimension all together, gives it a more natural look.

Thanks Paul, it currently looks like I’m building 6 more Swordfish. Waiting for more materials to arrive. I also have a decal set coming and I think there might be another black one.

Randall

• 2 weeks later...

Very well done, again.

I think I’ll save a set of compliments for use each time you post. It’ll save me typing 😀

A couple of comments on the colours:

• the cowling ring looks good to me. There was quite a discussion on this a while back here with reference to a 1940 Blenheim. I guess that’s disappeared now with the site changes unfortunately.
  • which paint did you use for the Cerrux Grey of the inter-war models?
  • and what colour did use for the tyres (tires)?

Keep up the good work and thanks again for sharing.

Very well done, again.
I think I’ll save a set of compliments for use each time you post. It’ll save me typing 😀
A couple of comments on the colours:
  • the cowling ring looks good to me. There was quite a discussion on this a while back here with reference to a 1940 Blenheim. I guess that’s disappeared now with the site changes unfortunately.
  • which paint did you use for the Cerrux Grey of the inter-war models?
  • and what colour did use for the tyres (tires)?
Keep up the good work and thanks again for sharing.

Thank you Dominic !

I was a participant in the cowling discussion that’s why I’ve been trying to perfect the “look”.

I’ve been using layers of Alclad paint to get a different look.

The grey is some old model master aircraft grey. In the bottle it has a blue tint that is very close to cerrux grey but the blue tint seems to disappear and flatten out after completion of the model.

The tires are AK interactive rubber color.

The next two Swordfish are interwar planes then after that two wartime machines. I am debating if I shoud buy a few more, a decision made easier by Patrick I do want a white Swordfish but the only decals I have include the long porcupine exhaust pipe. The question is how many more do I want?

All of the models to date have been Airfix kit decals, I haven’t even started on my decal stash yet ! I think I have enough decals for another 11 Swordfish and I have materials coming to do the two that are under construction and 4 additional .

Randall