Digital Car Troubleshooting

Peter-1261932

Hello. A DPR new car arrived yesterday. I fitted the. digital chip and it worked fine for 20 mins then stopped - no power to the car. My troubleshooting has come to a dead end. This is what I have done so far:

1) Digital chip - tried it in another car - was fine

2) Connected a 9V battery to the car's braids - motor spun, wheels went round - lights on.

So the chip is fine, the motor is fine, the connection from braids to motor is fine. So why am I not getting power to the car?

Any ideas what I can try? Many thanks, Peter

Hi Peter and welcome.

Open the car up and check the wires to the plug that the DPR chip plugs in.

These can become loose or the solder can break causing the connection to fail.

In a standard analog car there are only 2 wires and in a digital car there are 4. 2 from the rails, then two that into the chip for all the digital goodness.

If any of those connections are not good the car might fail.

The wires are thin and small so if you are not up to mending them yourself maybe try to get a replacement for the car (technically you only need the underpan with the connections ....)

Try taking a single piece of straight track, put the car into the slot, then look closely from the side to see if the braids are actually making contact with the rails. It's a common problem that the front wheels are set too low, and lift the braids away from the track, this can cause spluttery driving or a complete fail.