Link to Train Terminal Blog Broken

TT-Man

I can see and access OK both current Terminal blogs, namely "In the Beginning" and "The Onward Journey".

It may be the navigation route you are taking to get there is a different one to the one I am using.

My starting point is the main Hornby home page, then the hamburger (three line) menu to select the "Community" tab, then following a route to blogs from there. I'm using an Android tablet. A PC Hornby home page might have slight display differences.

If you are using the same navigation route as me and still getting the 404 error, then I suggest clearing your browser cache snd data. The fact that I can access the pages, indicates the issue is at your end if the above route isn't working for you. If you have access to another device such as a laptop, tablet, smart phone etc, does a different device still give the error. If it doesn't, then that is a further indication that the issue is your end on the original device.

The navigation I am following is Community/Blog and News. Then on the Blog and News page there are two option. The first is a link to Train Terminal, from which you can select which issue of the blog you want. The second is a direct link to the specific issue you want. Whichever route I take I can access the page for the first or second issue.

When on the page for each blog issue it only shows the beginning of the article. Then you have to click a 'Read More' button (I am a TT:120 Club member). If I do this for the second issue it works fine. For the first issue it takes me to the error page.

I have the same problem using 5 different devices, 2 iMacs, a MacBook, an iPad and an iPhone. I have also cleared cache on each device and the problem persists.

With greatest respect, it would have been helpful if you had given this specific detail in the original post.

Moderator 96RAF seems to have also been mis-directed by the lack of detail given. so I assume that you have now given him enough detail to take it up with his Hornby contact.

With greatest respect, it would have been helpful if you had given this specific detail in the original post.
Moderator 96RAF seems to have also been mis-directed by the lack of detail given. so I assume that you have now given him enough detail to take it up with his Hornby contact.

Rather snarky reply. I carried out the further investigations and actions in response to your post.

Are you still saying you can access the page concerned?

I can read either TT blog (Oct and Nov) using the Community, Blog and News, route, then pick TT direct from the larger links or through the row of filter icons, then I can open the full article by pressing Read More.

I can report it in if you like but I cannot reproduce the problem yet. Maybe others can try and report back if they see this post.

@96RAF What seems especially odd is that I never tried to access either of the 2 blog pages before yesterday. I was able to access the newer article yesterday and still can today, but I have never been able to access the older article having tried several times using different devices.

I am normally using Chrome as my browser. To test this issue I also tried with Safari but that didn't work either.

Very strange!