Updating Credit Card Details

HornbyKiwi

Has anyone had experience of updating their credit card details via the website? Mine has recently expired in November and that is currently attached to my TT pre-order.

Reading the FAQ's around this suggests that it should be possible to amend my pre-order and insert new card details, however the only option that exists is a Cancel button. I don't see anywhere else within my account settings which has my card details saved, nor have a received an email from Hornby requesting updated card details as the FAQ's again suggest I should have on the expiration of my old card.

Is the only option to phone or email Customer Services to amend this as things currently stand? Any advice or prior experience would be appreciated.

HK.

Your experience has always been a concern of mine. Given the long lead times on certain items, would the attached card expire?

I remember seeing the phrase (and confirmed under Hornby support) that you could update the attached credit card by visiting my account and then orders.

So I tried to access the credit card attached to a preorder.

I could not!

You could contact Customer Care on 01843 233525 (Mon to Thurs 9.00am to 5.00pm and Fri 9:00am to 3:00pm) or by email customercare@hornbyhobbies.com

They do claim elsewhere that if your card is declined they will contact you, but I would not count on that being a smooth operation.

÷÷÷÷

You could of course, just make a new order with the correct card and cancel the previous order. I realize that may not be the most convenient exercise, but is most likely to have a positive outcome. You control all the details!

I have in the past had numerous situations with Hornby where my card payment was refused and I had to ring them. I received an email explaining the position and that the item concerned would be held for ten days. All dealt with very efficiently. For some reason Hornby's system would not recognise my card, it still had years until it expired, and has never, ever, been near its credit limit. The last few transactions have all worked well.

I would ring rather than email. If you email you might be waiting a couple of weeks for a response.

Actually sent them an email last night my time and had a reply back from Customer Care in a little over an hour so very pleased with the response time.

They've admitted the website isn't set up correctly to amend card details at the moment. It's been suggested that they will attempt to take the payment from my card, which will decline due to the expiry having changed. I should then receive an email from Hornby saying this has occurred and containing a secure link to allow me to update my card details and complete the purchase.

The Easterner set is still a while away yet so we will see what happens once they arrive and forum members start reporting payment has been taken. Of course, if they intend dispatching direct from China, I may hear from Hornby earlier than UK-based members.

HK.