Hornby/Jouef 0-6-0T

Rana Temporia

I have one of the Hornby/Jouef continental outside cylinder tanks that has been sold in the UK under the Hornby brand as an industrial tank in various forms. I bought it to use the chassis under a different body but following the information sheet I can’t get the body off the chassis. I have removed the appropriate screws and the body feels slightly loose but it stays put. Does anyone know how to get the body off one of these without damaging either the body or the chassis? I’m usually really good at finding out how to dismantle a model after doing it for more than 50 years.

Here is the service sheet. I have removed the screws shown but the body remains firmly in place and it feels like something is going to break if I force it. As it’s based on a foreign loco and is HO it’s smaller and more delicate than most. It is currently available in the UK on the Hornby website as NCB and other versions under the Electrotren brand.

forum_image_6394bccbbfa65.thumb.png.c405930fa1ed75c959b5868109f0094b.png

Apologies if I’m only stating the obvious (that you’ve already tried) but…

In addition to the screws in the bottom - there look to be 2 lugs on the side of the chassis that clip into the inside of the boiler/water tanks.

There may also be lug(s) at the front or rear of the chassis (like the 0-4-0 pocket rockets) - diagram doesn’t show front/rear of chassis clearly enough to know for certain.

Sorted it thanks. Those two plastic clips hold the plastic part shown above the motor in place which on one side holds the wiring loom to the circuit board. I took out the screws and wiggled the cylinders (as I did last time) and for some reason the chassis came out easily on this occasion. It looks like it has a DCC chip fitted by the previous owner but it runs fine on DC so I’ll leave things as they are. There is a lot of oil on the inside of the loco body above the gears, not sure if that is factory applied or again by the previous owner.