Setting up GMDcc81 in RM

Hi I have just bought two gaugemaster Dcc81 that are wired straight to the track with motors one of the PM moves when I move it manually and moves bk but it's clicking? the other one doesn't move my question is do I now have to get a accessory decoder if not how do I program it with out one where in RM can I address it do I have to it on the programing track?? Please have tanks BW

The GM DCC81 IS an Accessory Decoder so no additional Accessory Decoders are needed. It is what is called a 'self learning' DCC Accessory Decoder and is very simple to configure with a DCC Address.

Navigate to the top of the Railmaster forum and go into the 'Railmaster FAQ Index' sticky thread and read FAQ6.

The DCC81 has a 'set / run' switch on it. You put the switch to the 'set position' and send an operate command from your configured Railmaster layout plan screen point icon. The DCC81 then learns the DCC Address from the sent operate command. You then put the DCC81 switch back to the 'run' position.

This is all explained 'step by step' in FAQ6. Note that FAQ6 is written for 'DCC Concepts self learning' products, but the described setting up & operating methodology is very much the same for the DCC81, with the exception that each DCC81 has its own single DCC Address. Whereas the documented FAQ6 described DCC Concept products use a small range of addresses as part of their setting up.