Activation problems

• 2 weeks later...

Probably as a first time initial post they do not even know that their question has been published and/or answered.

Firstly, because their first post disappears to be approved and secondly they assume, that like other forums, that they will get a 'push' email notification that that the post has been published and/or a reply has been made.

The OP probably thinks their question has been ignored and have gone elsewhere looking for an answer. This forum really should make these aspects of an initial post more 'in your face' so that the first time poster is absolutely clear that they have to come back and look for their post and replies.

A simple pop-up that appears on screen when the first post has been sent for approval that also explains that there are no further email notifications that has to be acknowledged by the OP should suffice.

@P-Henny

Thank you, We are aware of all of that and it is exactly why I introduced a thread as a sticky in the General section, now also referenced in the TT section, entitled 'Information for new members .....'.

One of the paragraphs covers the fact that the Forum does not provide automatic replies.

Having said all that, I still find it incredible that people do not re-visit the Forum to see if there has been a reply.

We are aware of all of that and it is exactly why I introduced a thread as a sticky............

But all the evidence points to not all new members are reading it. In the same way that many ignore your "please create a nickname" request. Whereas an 'in your face' popup that has to be acknowledged before it is removed stands more chance of being read. This is the point I was trying to make.